Friday, October 19, 2007

Football Frenzy

So Dave and John are on an intramural football team together this year and it has been SOOO fun to go to the games. I know just enough about football to get REALLY nervous when they play, but not enough to realize when I don't have to be nervous anymore. I don't have very good pictures of the action because all the pictures I have taken of them except these two have been too dark. My camera also died, and remembering to charge it has been a challenge for me...so this is the best you might get. I will keep trying though.
John is doing really well and the team NEEDS him. He has done really well on both offense and defense. He has intercepted a pass and run it in for a touchdown, as well as scored multiple offensive touchdowns. I know there was a big Garner to Gabrielsen thing in high school, but so far this season John has had more touchdown passes from Dave; its a blast to watch and cheer! I also never realized how quick John is... he is such an athlete!

This picture is of Zach Garner (#12) as well as Dave(#19). They split quarter-backing time which I think is really neat. Neither one of them plays defense because I guess that's kind of rule of thumb. They have both done really well leading the team. If all three games they have played were added up Dave said the score would be 14 touchdowns to 3. Dave has such a great arm and good size that I turn into this giddy/large/cheerleader/wife creature when he gets out on the field... I am just so stinkin' proud of him!
They are currently 3-0 and will play their 4th game tonight at 7:00. Jenn has been to a game or two and Katie plans on coming tonight; it's always nice to have family there.

GO PATRIOTS!

(This is their team name since all but two of the players are former CHS football players)


2 comments:

Fagers' Favorite Foods said...

I want to come and watch!

Mom

Jake and Denae said...

let jake and i know when the superstars are playing... we love john john... maybe jake and he could race?.. i'm betting on my hubby hehe